For Summer 2020, a lot of our bookings are direct, but you may have found us on another website known as an “OTA.” We have relied on these Online Travel Agents in the past and it costs a lot of money. To avoid this, we have opted to provide the cheapest rate on our website, and THIS is where guests can save money.
It makes sense to book direct and here’s why…
1. The best price isn’t on the OTAs
- Contrary to popular belief, commercial Online Travel Agents don’t provide the best price for guests. Guests can save paying their fees by booking directly with local hosts/owners.
2. The best rate is right here: #BookDirect & save
- No booking fee
- Zero service fee
- 0% booking commission
- Big OTAs retain fees between 15-25% of the amount you’ve paid, just for booking (something you could easily do yourself).
- When you book directly with the host, you are cutting out the middle man, and the unnecessary costs.
3. Treat yourself with a more rewarding stay
- You could be paying up to 25% extra for your stay!
- if you didn’t have to pay booking fees, imagine how much more rewarding your trip could be.
- Depending on the length of your stay, that difference could get you anything from a nice bottle of wine to bike hire, a delicious seafood meal out with the family to a boat trip, or even ANOTHER weekend away!
- We’ve seen so many guests needlessly pay commissions in excess of €250, that they could’ve spent creating lifelong memories.
4. Avoid detours: Communicate with your real-life host
- Guaranteed direct contact with the host so you can get in touch, without obligation, and have great support from the same person, while planning your trip, during your stay, and after your stay.
5. Book Online with confidence & have instant confirmation
- Always look for the .co.uk extension when booking direct as it is the UK’s official website domain, meaning we have provided our official business information and you can trust us.
- There are just a few simple steps to #BookDirect online securely. It’s quick. You can do it on your phone. Your dates are immediately secured and you’ll receive an automatic email confirmation.
- We accept secure online card payments which are processed via Stripe.
- For bookings requiring a security deposit, a third party (Swikly) may act as an intermediary. We’ve never had occasion to hold a deposit though as our guests tend to look after the accommodation as if it were their own home 🙂
6. A local host with in-depth knowledge of the area
- Living in Edinburgh for most of my adult life, I’m originally from Dundee, I will be your free destination guide – you’ll have an electronic Welcome guide to assist you with all the places to visit but I will ALWAYS be available to help to make your experience as amazing as possible.
7. Special requirements? We’re happy to help
- We will happily work with you directly to meet all your needs before committing to a booking. If you’re planning a surprise, we can work with you, given enough notice, to help your surprise be an amazing one.
How to be a smart traveller…
- Obviously, you’ll want to book your amazing apartment!
- You can insert your preferred date, and look at the availability and cost for each listing. If your preferred dates don’t seem to be available, you want to know the latest deals or have some questions, please get in touch and we’ll do our utmost to accommodate you!